Past Master Councilor's Meritorious Service Award
Printable Version of this Page
One of the most prestigious awards in all of DeMolay, the Past Master Councilor's Meritorious
Service Award, was designed by DeMolay's founder, Dad Frank S. Land. The PMC-MSA rewards good program
planning and execution by a Chapter's Master Councilor. The award itself is an attractive gold-colored
medal and is granted without charge.
- A Letter of Intent is sent to the PMC-MSA Coordinator from the newly installed
Master Councilor within 10 days following his installation indicating interest in earning
the Meritorious Service Award. The Letter of Intent is signed by
that Master Councilor and cosigned by either the Chapter Dad or Chairman.
The Letter of Intent must include the following:
- that the Master Councilor has memorized the ritualistic opening/closing ceremonies
- the Master Councilor has completed a written program of activities and events for the
six months of his term of office
- the written program has been duplicated and distributed to Chapter members
- the written program follows the guidelines listed in the DeMolay Program Planning Guide
- the written program is attached to the Letter of Intent
- The Chapter initiates six members during the Master Councilor's term of office.
- During six months of the term, the Chapter, in some manner, observes the Obligatory Days that
occur during the term. The Final Letter requesting the MSA shall
denote the manner of observance.
- During the six months of the term, the Chapter shall hold at least four of the five activities
proscribed in previous MSA requirements:
- fund raising
- Masonic service
- The Master Councilor shall see to it that all reports and forms (Form 10s, Annual Reports,
Advisor Registration/Certification, installation notification, financial, and any other jurisdictional
forms) that are to be submitted during his term of are submitted to the proper offices prior to
specific deadlines established for each form.
- The Master Councilor applying for the PMC-MSA shall submit a
Final Letter indicating completion of requirements 1-6. The letter
shall indicate in detail the dates and activities of items 3 and 4 above. The PMC-MSA Coordinator will
verify with Dad Bohn the completion of 2 and 5. The Final Letter
must be submitted to the PMC-MSA Coordinator within 10 days of the installation of the next Master Councilor.
These rules and regulations for the PMC-MSA are effective indefinitely and supercede any
previous rules and regulations.
Sample Letter of Intent
Sample Beginning of Final Letter
Georgia PMC-MSA Coordinator: Jonathan Challen (jchallen [at] gademolay.org)
The Sentinal of a Chapter was originally called the Sergent-At-Arms.